Why Watchity appeared? Watchity appears in response to the need of companies to have an audiovisual communication platform that allows them to take advantage of Live Video in relation with customers, partners and employees, to obtain better business results than those achieved with currently existing solutions. Keep reading to find out why did we create Watchity and why Watchity is revolutionizing audiovisual communication in companies.
The consolidation of Live Video in business
Live Video has become a key business tool in the business environment after the transformation caused by the pandemic. It’s used regularly to communicate with customers, employees, partners and any other actor with which the company is related, in organizations of any size, sector and business model. It provides substantial improvements in areas such as training, product marketing, social media management, company events or corporate communication.
Its presence will continue to increase and expand in the incoming years thanks to the great advantages it brings in regard to the smaller scope of “face-to-face” communication and the appearance of new use cases such as “live shopping”. In addition, companies will demand a higher return on investment in the form of demonstrable business results, which may be related to brand presence, improved knowledge of the distribution network about the company’s products and services, lead capture, acceleration of the sales process in complex products or even the generation of commercial transactions. In a way, the focus now is on maximizing the results obtained from live video to increase the competitiveness of the company.
The 4 key elements to get better live video results
Live video is especially relevant for the functional areas of the company that are in charge of strategic objectives such as the image and brand positioning, capture of leads, the launch of new products, sales network training, or engagement of the consumer on social media.
For the Marketing, Corporate Communication, Corporate Events, Customer Experience or Digital Business departments -to name those who are usually responsible for these goals-, the challenge of maximizing results is synonymous with managing audiovisual communication in a more professional and strategic way, which implies knowing how to perfectly handle the following key elements associated with a live video session:
- Quality content, both in terms of the background (or message) and in terms of the form (or visual aspect).
- An audience experience, which consumes the content (whether they are customers, consumers, partners, employees or the media) seamless from beginning to end, regardless of the number of people who connect to the session, and that happens in those sites where that is more convenient according to the use case: the company’s corporate website, the e-commerce platform, its social media accounts, etc.
- The participation and interaction of the audience through multiple mechanisms (chat, Q&As, surveys, etc.) to maintain the attention and interest of the viewer, offer a better service and generate more engagement.
- Conversion, which can take various forms (capture of viewer data, display of a certain message, purchase in e-commerce, etc.), happen at various times during the event (at registration, during viewing, post-event), be based on various mechanisms (forms, call-to-action, etc.)
Weaknesses of videoconferencing platforms, webinars and virtual events
Companies are currently turning to video conferencing tools such as Zoom, Teams or Meet for virtual meetings, or to webinar platforms such as Livestorm, Bigmarker or Gotowebinar when looking for more comprehensive management of the live session, since these types of tools offer functionalities to promote the event through email marketing campaigns, create an information page about the session, manage registrations and facilitate audience participation through questions, chat, surveys, etc.
On the other hand, when it comes to events more complex than a simple session, covering one or more days with several consecutive or simultaneous sessions in the style of congresses and conventions, which can be face-to-face or, which is already much more common, hybrids or completely virtual – cases in which video is essential – virtual event platforms such as Hopin, Bizaboo or Cvent are used, which offer even more event management functionalities such as integrated registrations, networking tools and virtual meetings.
However, all these platforms have important shortcomings in a company – and, especially, in the functional areas mentioned above, when it comes to communicating and creating content in a more professional way.
Indeed, if we confront the 4 key elements with the current capabilities of videoconferencing platforms, webinars and virtual events, we can verify that they suffer from weak points that make them not a good professional communication solution for a company:
- The appearance of the content that can be created with them is the one from traditional videoconference and, therefore, it is poor from an audiovisual point of view and it does not make the company stand out, which can be a positioning problem for the brand it intends to represent.
- They are not very versatile platforms in terms of formats, since they basically cover virtual meetings and webinars and do not allow other cases such as broadcast on social networks, live shopping or press conferences.
- They do not have features to guarantee a viewing experience on-demand for the viewer, with functionalities so appreciated and common today in streaming environments for entertainment such as pausing the broadcast, going back, starting in the middle of the event without missing anything, etc.
- They do not scale well for large volumes of an audience, since, although they have evolved and expanded their capacity, they are based on architectures originally designed for meetings of few people and for the most part they do not yet use content distribution architectures based on CDN (Content Delivery Network), much more scalable.
Thus, for all companies that want to stand out from the rest in their video sessions, a more professional approach is required in every way, closer to the Audiovisual Communication to which the media have us accustomed, going much more beyond the simple use of videoconferencing, to allow the creation of more impactful experiences for audiences, both internal and external, that generate better business results.
Weaknesses of turnkey audiovisual services
The usual and well-known alternative that companies turn to when more professional audiovisual communication is required are turnkey audiovisual and streaming service providers, who, through professional audiovisual equipment and an expert human team, offer a level of quality in the production of very high-quality content, with an almost television-quality appearance and, in addition, they usually provide the final customer with a comprehensive solution created by integrating a streaming platform such as Vimeo, Youtube or Dacast, registration forms through platforms such as Typeform or Surveymonkey, email marketing using tools like Mailchimp, and audience participation through platforms like Kahoot or Slido.
This alternative that covers the four elements mentioned -content, experience, participation and conversion-, and which is ideal for those large events that take place in the company once or twice a year, is totally disproportionate in costs and scope to which it can be allowed for the events that are held in the company more regularly, in addition to causing a total dependence on the provider.
Weaknesses of the new “agile” audiovisual production platforms
To solve the problem of high costs in professional production, some “agile” live video production tools have recently appeared, such as Streamyard, Restream or Melon, which allow the company this autonomy in the creation of professional content. However, despite their clear advantages, these are partial solutions to the problem since they only cover one of the four key elements (content), leaving the search, selection, hiring and integration of complementary tools in the hands of the company witch which to solve the other 3 elements (experience, participation and conversion).
Watchity, the solution for professional audiovisual communication
Once all the currently existing solutions have been analyzed, we can ensure that none of them meets the needs of the most ambitious companies in terms of quality and results for their video-based communication in day-to-day events at a competitive cost.
Given this opportunity, at Watchity we have the vision that audiovisual communication in companies should take a giant leap and we have oriented our mission to help companies make this leap with the audiovisual communication platform that best helps them achieve their results.
To design and develop the platform, which optimally covers the 4 key elements for sessions based on streaming video content, experience, participation and conversion-, we have taken the best of existing solutions, combining autonomy and ease of production of professional content from agile video production tools with the functionalities of event promotion, registration management and participation and interaction of the webinar tools.
In addition, we have improved the audience’s viewing experience with a secure, robust and scalable top-level streaming platform that guarantees perfect operation in any situation and that allows the company to have its own and fully customized streaming environment with its branding, without having to rely on free third-party ad-based streaming platforms like YouTube or Vimeo.
Finally, we have incorporated additional features that provide greater versatility of use cases, such as live video broadcasting integrated into social networks, live shopping functionalities -currently under development- or the creation of video clips from recordings, as well as others that extend the use of video beyond live communication, such as the automated recording of sessions or the management and publication of recorded content for on-demand viewing.
And all this, at a much more competitive cost than the one from audiovisual production service providers and more adapted to the characteristics of the company’s day-to-day events.
The most complete live video platform on the market
Today Watchity has all the necessary functionalities to professionalize live video in business, cover the complete life cycle of an event and maximize results:
- Event Marketing: provides the necessary functionalities to ensure the attendance of the target audience to the session, including the configuration of the access mode (open, private, by registration), the creation of personalized landing pages with registration forms, the automated sending of confirmation emails, calendar appointments and reminders and the control of registrations in real-time.
- The virtual environment of the viewer: is the web page to which the audience connects through their web browser to view the high-quality content through the integrated video player and interact through the participation tools. It can work in a “stand-alone” mode, that is, with an independent URL, or “embedded” within the company’s website. Underneath it is supported by a cloud infrastructure based on AWS that allows us to ensure scalability in both audience volume and number of simultaneous sessions, as well as the distribution of content worldwide to offer a great experience to the viewer regardless of the spot of the world from which they connect.
- Live Studio: it is the integrated tool for self-produced professional video with which anyone is able to create a live video with an almost television appearance, including predefined scenes, the inclusion of graphics and backgrounds, use of video clips, connection of multiple speakers, and any other features necessary to create impressive content.
- Moderation and conversion: it allows activating and moderating all the participation and conversion tools associated with the session, including the control of attendees, the interactive chat or the “call-to-action”.
- Post-event analysis: It incorporates functionalities to evaluate the event results through the attendance report, as well as the video analytics, which allows obtaining demographic information about the audience, as well as qualitative and quantitative information on the interaction with the content.
- Multi-destination streaming: it is an integrated simulcast system that has native connectors with the main social networks (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Youtube) to allow the user to create live streaming sessions with a single click, as well as RTMP connectors that allow sending the live video session to any other destination, including public sites like Twitch, Instagram, Tik Tok or Vimeo, corporate platforms like Microsoft Teams and event platforms like Hopin, Meetmaps or Eventwo.
- Content management: it incorporates a set of video creation, management and publication functionalities for on-demand consumption, which is everything that is not live broadcast. It allows you to record an event automatically to have the full video right at the end of the session, create video clips (or cuts) from a broadcast (both in-real time while the video is being broadcast and from the recording of the session), upload videos and obtain the code to embed the video player on any website, share videos on social networks and organize all the content in collections.
- Content hub: it facilitates the creation of websites in which the content published by the organization is concentrated, whether they are live video sessions or videos for on-demand consumption. Access to the media hub can be private (only certain users have access permissions), which allows the creation of exclusive spaces for certain groups, such as clients, partners, employees or even journalists, or public and open to any user.
Thanks to this approach, we can ensure that with Watchity, companies will have an end-to-end solution that integrates everything necessary for professional audiovisual communication without having to hire various products to cover the life cycle of events, with total autonomy when creating quality content and brand awareness (without having to resort to external professional services), with a versatile corporate platform that adapts to common use cases with different content formats, broadcast channels (website, social networks, corporate platforms), ways of access (open, private, by registration) and ways of participation, and with the ultimate goal of achieving their business results.
Do you have any doubts on why Watchity is the most complete live video platform?
If you want more information about why Watchity is the most complete live video platform, or you are interested on knowing in detail how it works and all its features, send us a message or request a demo.