Live video cannot be missing from your communication and content strategy. Broadcasting live on social media and other digital channels, such as your website, is key to reaching the highest audience. It is a reality that streaming video has a much greater impact than deferred or pre-recorded video.
The naturalness, dynamism, and interaction that is generated in the lives have no comparison with that of other videos. Emit live on social networks allows connecting in real-time with customers and potential customers. It conveys closeness and confidence by being able to have a conversation and answer doubts/comments at the same time.
Another indicator of the power of broadcasting live on social media is that the main social channels have prioritized this format. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn are good examples of this. They have added their live option and it is confirmed that this way a greater scope and interaction is achieved.
Furthermore, broadcasting live content on social networks is also key at the branding level. It makes it possible to increase brand awareness and make it easier for the audience to internalize our identity.
Do you want to start broadcasting live on social networks and you don’t know which ones?
You have the option to broadcast on any social network, but the best is that you previously analyze where your audience is. It may be in one concrete or in several simultaneously. The fact is that you have it clear, and you stream your videos on the most appropriate channels.
If you want to emit on several social networks or even on your own website simultaneously, the Watchity platform is the solution. It allows to customize the content, convey a professional image, manage it very easily, and broadcast on multiple channels.
Do you want to start broadcasting live on social networks and you don’t know how?
You are already clear on which channels to broadcast, but you don’t know how to start or what you should keep in mind. Don’t worry! Keep reading the tips below.
To start, be sure you bear these 6 elements in mind:
- Connectivity. If we don’t dispose of a good internet connection, the quality of the other materials will be of little use to us. Although sometimes it may fail due to other and unpredictable causes, we must avoid it at all costs. The audience is increasingly demanding, and if we fail at this point it may have a negative impact on future broadcasts.
- Smartphone or camera. Currently, there is a wide variety of quality devices on the market, with multiple features and at competitive prices. Therefore, it shouldn’t be a problem to have a smartphone or camera to emit the recording at optimum quality.
- Tripod. Having a tough tripod is key so that the image is stable, and we don’t have to worry about this issue. We can also find countless options in the market to meet the needs of users.
- Microphone. Using a discreet clip-on microphone is a simple solution that allows you to offer a better sound quality to the interlocutor. Although it may seem unnecessary, small details often make a difference.
- Lighting. Having adequate lighting also can significantly improve the video quality. Image is as important as locution.
- Streaming platform. As we have said before, if you want to broadcast live on several social networks, the best thing to do is to choose a streaming platform. Make sure that it offers the features you require and that makes management easier.
And once you have all these elements controlled, implement the following tips:
Prepare the script with the information to transmit
It isn’t necessary to point out exhaustively all the details of the topics to be addressed, it can be a scheme with the main ideas. It’s good to improvise at times to make the live feel natural, but most content must be pre-defined. You need to be very clear about the purpose of the video, what information your audience expects to hear, and how you will meet their expectations with valuable content.
Practice before you broadcast live
Although you have very clear what you will talk about and how you will explain it, it is advisable to practice it several times before the live. It will allow you to clearly see if it is necessary to introduce some changes or improvements and to control the speed or rhythm of speech, among others. You can share some of the tests with a trusted contact, to get an external opinion on your performance.
Add information of value to your broadcast
If you use a platform like Watchity, you can add graphics to your broadcast. It can be the logo, some headline you want to highlight, or even information that summarizes the treated theme in each section. Apart from transmitting a more professional image, it will help attendees who connect later or who have disconnected at some point.
Announce the live some weeks before
The fact of announcing the live some weeks before the transmission will generate interest in the viewers. It is advisable to do it 2 or 3 weeks before and, as the date approaches, send out reminders. You can take advantage of these communications to announce that the audience will have a reward, generating more expectations.
Interact with your audience
One of the key points of a live is the interaction you can have with your audience in real-time. Take advantage of it and launch spaces of Q&As during the transmissions to answer and clarify doubts. You can also have a chat active to read the comments of the attendees and talk about the topics that may arise. Interaction with the audience is essential to maintain their interest and keep them connected to live at all times. So, plan this point so you can make the most of your potential.
Add an incentive for the end of the live
A good strategy so that your audience wants to remain until the end of the live is to announce a surprise or a giveaway for that moment. It can be a detail/gift, a free eBook, a discount for an event related to their interests, etc. Anything, but worth it for your audience.
And so far, our tips for broadcasting live on social media. Do you feel more prepared? We hope so!