Tips for live streaming of social media content
Written by Watchity
Creating live video is one of the best practices to increase social media engagement for your brand. This format has become the best way to introduce products, share internal and external communications, entertain the audience and increase sales.
In fact, according to a recent HubSpot Research report, the presence of videos on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% and, according to the same report, more than 50% of consumers want to see videos from brands more than any other type of content.
You may think that creating live video is too costly for your company, but really, it is not all that expensive. Thanks to our smartphones, anyone can create live video for social media channels and websites.
However, to obtain quality content with your phone, it’s important to keep in mind some key factors, so you will record the perfect retransmission: buy a tripod to stabilize the recording image, put your smartphone in “Do not disturb” mode to avoid unexpected calls, consider hiring an external video production service to maximize the quality of your recording and carry a portable power bank to avoid running out of battery power in the middle of the retransmission.
Create a successful strategy of Social Media Content based on live streaming
Keeping the users’ attention is not easy. You need to be really creative and be ahead of your competitors. We recommend you take note of these tips to create successful live videos:
- Be casual and share updates about your company’s day-to-day, introduce your employees and show your company’s personality.
- Let your audience know in advance that you’ll be doing a live video. Write a press release and announce the retransmission on your social media channels.
- Interact with your audience through the comments.
- Customize videos with your logo.
- Work with influencers.
- Check your internet provider. Having good internet speed is a key factor when you aim for great live streaming.
- Be natural. Don’t read from a script.
If your brand has a presence on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, it can be difficult to choose only one to do the retransmission. Exactly because of that, Watchity was created: the new cloud-based live video production platform that allows you to share your live video on all your social media channels at the same time.
Watchity can increase your productivity, allowing you to capture, produce and distribute live video in a couple of easy steps. With this platform, it’s also possible to:
- Insert or remove logos, banners, and video ads during your live broadcast.
- Enrich the viewing experience with different angles. The videos will be synched and received in a multi-camera player.
- Simultaneous distribution for the web and social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, which can also be managed separately.
The best part of Watchity is that you won’t need expert staff to manage it. If you want to know more about our solution, contact one of our products experts here.