1.WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded into the terminal equipment of an Internet user when he/she navigates through it, with the purpose of storing and retrieving data that reflects his activity during a period of time of navigation. With this, Internet service providers can fulfill some functions such as:
- Improve the user’s browsing through the websites he visits;
- Improve the user’s shopping experience on the websites he visits;
- Provide information about the browsing habits of web users, to develop new products or services;
- Provide information about the browsing habits of web users, to show them publicity according to their behavior.
The cookies, depending on whoever implements them, can be:
- own: those enabled by the owner of the website that the users visits, sending them from a computer or domain managed by the editor himself and from which he provides the services requested by the user; Or,
- of third parties: enable by other service providers with whom the owner of the site that the user visits has contracted the provision of certain services; the cookies are send from a computer or domain manage by another entity that treats the data obtained.
The cookies, according to the time they remain activated, can be:
- session: it’s a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- persistent: it’s a type of cookies in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed, during a defined period, by the person responsible for the cookie.
Cookies, depending on their purpose, can be:
- of analysis: are those that, treated by the owner of the site or by third parties, allow to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use that users make of the service offered, in order to improve the offer of products and services.
- persistent advertising: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising spaces that the editor has included in a web page, application or platform.
- persistent of behavioral advertising: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising spaces that the editor has included in a web page, application or platform. These cookies store information related to the behavior of the users, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on them.It’s also possible to insert a cookie in the browser of the user when he visits a web or opens an email through advertising or promotions, about certain products or services. The cookie, installed in the browser is used later to display advertising related to the search that the user has made, to develop a control of the announcements in relation, for example, with the number of times they are seen, where they appear, at what time they are seen, etc.To learn more about cookies: click here
2. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES CAN BE INSTALLED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE USER?
There are some cookies that can be installed in the user’s terminal without their consent. Those are:
- cookies which purpose is to only allow communication between the user’s computer and the network.
- cookies which purpose is to strictly provide a service expressly requested by the user.
Thus, these cookies are:
- User input cookies.
- Identification or user authentication cookies (session only).
- User’s security cookies.
- Multimedia player cookies.
- Session cookies to balance the load.
- Cookies of customization of the user interface.
- Add-on cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content.
On the other hand, analytical, advertising and tracking cookies need the consent of the user.
3.WHICH COOKIES ARE USED ON WATCHITY, WHO CONTROLS THEM, AND WITH WHAT PURPOSE?
At the present time, the Site uses indispensable cookies to enable the navigation through it, and others to collect statistical and analytical information, which allow us to analyze the navigation of the users and obtain statistical data to improve our services. The cookies used by the website are only associated with an anonymous user and his computer, and do not provide, by themselves, the personal data of the user.
Thanks to the cookies, it is possible that the server where the website is located, recognizes the web browser used by the user, in order to make easier the browsing, allowing, for example: allow the users who have previously registered to have access to exclusive areas, services, promotions or contests, without having to register at each visit. Control the progress and number of entries to measure the audience and traffic parameters.
The following table identifies all the cookies that we use:
Name of the cookie
Responsible (own or from third parties)
Duration / Expiration date
|_utmv||for Google Analytics Google||Google (google.com/analytics)|
|PHPSESSID||Improve navigation through the website||Watchity||Cookie session|
|WAT_CRPD||Improve navigation through the website.||Watchity||1 day|
This website also uses Google Analytics, to collect statistical information and its subsequent analysis. The cookies used are only associated to an anonymous user and to the IP of his computer, therefore, they do not provide the user’s personal data. GoogleAnalytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company headquartered at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies” to analyze how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be directly transmitted and archived by Google on the servers in the United States. Google will use this information on our own, in order to keep a track on your use of the website, compiling reports and providing other services related to the website activity and Internet use.
Google may transmit this information to third parties if it’s required by the law, or when these third parties process the information through Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data available on Google.
By using this website, you accept the treatment of your information by Google for the purposes indicated above.
In any case, we inform you that, if you want to cancel the treatment of your data by Google, you must contact this company, for this purpose. The provider don’t have the technical or legal capacity to proceed with the cancellation of the treatment of the data outside the scope defined by the files and technical means of their ownership and can not be held responsible in this regard.
More information here
4. HOW CAN YOU DISABLE THE COOKIES ALREADY INSTALLED IN YOUR BROWSER?
You can disable the cookies installed in your browser, entering in the configuration options of the browser, where you will be able to block, allow or delete the installed cookies. We inform you that, if you disable some cookies in your browser configuration selection, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
We provide you with links, of some of the main browsers, with the explanation of how you can configure your preferences regarding cookies:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari IOS (iPhone, iPad )
- Cookies Flash
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
5. HOW CAN YOU REVOKE YOUR CONSENT ABOUT THE USE OF THESE COOKIES?
You can revoke your consent at any time. To do it, you must deactivate the cookies on our website by following the instructions of the previous section depending on the browser you use. We inform you that the revocation of consent and, therefore, the deactivation of certain cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
or a written communication to:
WATCHITY, S.L. Travessera de Gràcia, 73, 3º 3ª, 08006 Barcelona (Spain)
Additionally, you can access to educational videos published by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, which explains, step by step, how to configure the privacy options in browsers, social networks and most common mobile operating systems, under: AEPD videos.