When you create a Event, you can stream to Microsoft Teams Live Events (note this feature is only available for some Microsoft Teams users. Find more info at the end of this article). You can add the connection to Microsoft Teams fr
- On Microsoft Teams, select Calendar in the left sidebar and create a New Meeting > New Live Event. Set up a starting and ending time just like a regular Teams meeting.
2. Select An external app or device for the production of the live event.
3. Select on schedule and then Join.
4. Click Start setup. Once you see the message Ready to connect, copy the RTMP ingest code associated to your Microsoft Teams Live Event. This code is unique to each Live Event.
5. In the configuration of your Event in Watchity, add an output. Paste there the RTMP code obtained on the Microsoft Teams Live Event.
6. Once you start broadcasting in Watchity, you will receive the content (as a preview) on your Microsoft Teams Live Event. When you’re satisfied with your setup and video preview, click over Start event.
🚨 Who can create live events on Microsoft Teams? #
To be able to create a live event, a Microsoft Teams user needs to accomplish:
- An Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, or E5 license or an Office 365 A3 or A5 license.
- Permission to create live events in Microsoft Teams admin centre.
- Permission to create live events in Microsoft Stream (for events produced using an external broadcasting app or device).
- Full team membership in the org (can’t be a guest or from another org).
- Private meeting scheduling, screen-sharing, and IP video-sharing turned on in Team meeting policy.