When you create and Event, you can stream to Facebook Live. You can add the connection to Facebook Live from the Destinations in the Event Set up.
There are 2 ways to connect with Facebook Live: #
Create this connection using the simple integration we have developed with Facebook or connect using the RTMP codes associated with the publication point.
If you have the credentials (username and password) of the Facebook page or profile, you can make the connection via API. Using this method you can configure the title and body of the publication. Keep reading to find out how to set up this type of connection.
- If you’ve never connected with Facebook from Watchity, click the “Add another Facebook account” option.
- Sign in with your Facebook credentials and grant Watchity all permissions that the Facebook API asks for (publishing, accessing your contacts, editing, etc.).
- Choose whether you want to share your broadcast in your timeline or on one of the pages you manage and choose the privacy of the publication.
- Write the title and body of the publication.
- (optional) If you want, you can modify the broadcast parameters to Facebook. Lower the broadcast quality if you want to make sure your audience can see the content well. In the face of a bad Internet connection, it is easier to consume video at a lower quality.
- Click the “Connect” button to create the connection. When you start broadcasting from the Studi, it will be posted on Facebook with the information configured.
Use this option if you do not have the credentials (username and password) of the destination Facebook page or profile. Keep in mind that with this type of connection you will not perform an automatic broadcast. You must enter the RTMP codes in Watchity, start the broadcast from the Studio and validate the received content. Read below to see the whole process.
1. On the landing page on Facebook, create a new “Live” publication.
2. Get the RTMP code and the transmission key associated with your Facebook page. These codes are unique to each Facebook page.
3. In your Watchity event settings, add an output “Enter an RTMP of a publishing point”. Paste there the RTMP code and the transmission key obtained in your publication point on Facebook.
4. Once you start broadcasting in Watchity, you will receive the content (as a preview) on your Facebook publication. When you’re satisfied with your setup and video preview, click over Start broadcast.
💡 Can I edit a live Facebook post? #
When API connections are made, upon launch, the post will be automatically generated with the information you provided in Watchity when creating the connection.
How can I edit this automatic publication?
- Access the Facebook page or profile where you are broadcasting.
- Locate the publication and click on “Edit publication”.
- Modify the title or body of the publication and save the changes. All done!