When you create and Event, you can stream to Twitter Live. You can add the connection to Twitter Live from the Event set up.
There are 2 ways to connect with Twitter Live: #
Create this connection using the simple integration we have developed with Twitter or connect using the RTMP codes associated with the publication point.
If you have the credentials (username and password) of the Twitter profile, you can make the connection via API. Keep reading to find out how to set up this type of connection.
1. If you’ve never connected with Twitter Live from Watchity, click the “Add another Twitter account” button. If you have previously created a connection to Watchity, you will find all your profiles in the destinations’ dropdown.
2. Login with your Twitter credentials and grant Watchity all the permissions that the Twitter API asks of you (publishing, accessing your contacts, editing, etc.).
3. Choose the profile where you want to broadcast.
4. Write the body of the tweet.
5. (optional) If you want, you can modify the broadcast parameters to Twitter Live. Lower the broadcast quality if you want to make sure your audience can see the content well. In the face of a bad Internet connection, it is easier to consume video at a lower quality.
6. Click the “Connect” button to create the connection. When you start broadcasting from the Studio, it will be posted on Twitter with the information configured.
Use this option if you do not have the credentials (username and password) of the Twitter destination account. Keep in mind that with this type of connection you will not perform an automatic broadcast. You must enter the RTMP codes in Watchity, start the broadcast from the Studio and validate the received content. Read below to see the whole process.
- Log In to Twitter with your username and password.
2. Click on the (···) and on the drop-down menu select the ‘Media Studio’ option.
3. Once in the Media Studio, go to the Producer section of the top bar and click on “Create a Broadcast”. In the drop-down box fill in the required fields with your Live Broadcast data, and in the “Source” section select the option “Create a new Source”. Add the source name you want and the drop-down region (For example EU (Paris)).
4. By clicking the “Create” button the system will generate the RTMP url and the transmission key that you will have to add to our Live Broadcast.
5. In your Watchity event settings, add an output “Enter an RTMP of a publishing point”. Paste there the RTMP code and the transmission key obtained in your publication point on Media Studio.
6. Once you start broadcasting in Watchity, you will receive the content (as a preview) on your Media Studio publication point. When you are satisfied with the settings and preview of the video, click on “Create broadcast” and then “Tweet” with the content of the post.